Pioneer is a Japanese multinational corporation that specialises in digital entertainment products, based in Tokyo, Japan. The company was founded by Nozomu Matsumoto in 1938 in Tokyo as a radio and speaker repair shop, and its current president is Susumu Kotani. The Australian business focuses on Home/DJ/Car audio and electronics.
Pioneer’s main goal was to build the database for the Car and DJ products. These products are separate businesses, so the marketing has been segmented accordingly to target them with special offers and services such as registering a product for software updates.
As a global company Pioneer wanted to be up to date with best practice around responsible marketing and spam compliance to inform the types of marketing communications they can send.
Traction has been a trusted partner since 2013.
The TractionNext platform was used to build the database for the Car and DJ products. Traction built three sign up forms (Car, DJ and a web sign up form to register products). The Car and DJ forms trigger welcome emails.
Additionally, Traction ran a best practice workshop around responsible marketing and spam compliance to inform the types of marketing communications they can send.
- Welcome Program: Contacts now receive automated welcome emails with relevant product content. This helps establish a relationship with customers and promotes greater engagement with the brand for future offers and purchases.
- Pioneer digital communications are now confidently compliant with government-mandated regulations and legislation for Spam and Privacy.
As an organisation Pioneer now has processes in place for:
- the legalities around managing your own database
- the legalities around database acquisition
- the legalities around talking to another brand’s database